How to DO-IT
Although putting together any activity at a summer camp can be daunting, following the six steps listed below can guide you through successfully incorporating Internet activities into your camp curriculum.
- Put together an instructional and technical team.
- Determine instructional goals and materials.
- Find a facility with computers or make plans to rent, borrow, or buy them.
- Arrange for Internet service.
- Integrate the Internet into other camp activities.
- Publicize the program.
View the presentation videotape and handout Camp: Beyond Summer, then read the details on these six steps as well as case studies highlighting the experiences of five camps provided in this section of the notebook.