Applications of Universal Design in Distance Learning
Applying universal design to distance learning courses and programs ensures that all students and instructors can fully participate.
- Real Connections: Making Distance Learning Accessible to Everyone - applying universal design to the development of distance learning courses (publication and video).
- Equal Access: Universal Design of Distance Learning - a checklist to assure access and promote the learning of all students.
- Online Distance Education: 'Anytime, Anywhere' But Not for Everyone - access challenges imposed by distance learning courses.
- Michigan Virtual University: A Promising Practice in Developing Standards for Online Courses - an example of systemic steps toward making distance learning courses accessible.
- AccessDL - discussion list and a collection of resources on the design of accessible distance learning courses.