2009 Tribal Leadership Summit
University of Washington
Friday, April 10, 2009
The Tribal Summit is an opportunity for University of Washington and Tribal Leaders to dialogue on issues relevant to indigenous communities. The focus of the 2009 summit will be on new partnerships between area Tribes and the University of Washington including a presentation on a research project collaboration that is a model for University & Tribal partnerships.
The 2008 Tribal Leadership Summit focused on the recruitment and retention of Native American students, faculty and staff; a longhouse-style facility; activity in response to issues raised at the 2007 summit; and the formulation of a Memorandum of Understanding.
The Summit was instituted in 2007 within the framework of the Washington State Centennial Accord, which recognizes tribal sovereignty and calls for government to government conversation around issues facing tribal communities.
This page contains links to 2009 Tribal Leadership Summit documents. Please click on a link below to download a pdf version of the document.
- 2009 Tribal Leadership Summit Agenda
- 2009 Tribal Leadership Summit Contact List
- 2009 Tribal Leadership Summit Resource Directory
- UW Native and Tribal Activities: 2008 Tribal Leadership Summit Follow-up
Native American Recruitment, Admission, and Retention
- Comparative Diversity Statistics Focusing on Native Americans at UW, Seattle Campus, 2009
- UW American Indian & Alaskan Native Admission Guidelines