Requirements and Application for 2013 – 2014
- Enrollment in a doctoral-level counseling or clinical psychology program.
- Completion of the following graduate level psychology courses: counseling theory, psychopathology, and counseling skills. We prefer practicum counselors to have taken multicultural / cross-cultural counseling and ethics graduate-level courses but it would be acceptable for practicum counselors to take their multicultural counseling class in the first quarter of the year and the ethics course during the same year as their practicum experience at the Counseling Center.
- Completion of at least one practicum field placement that included direct face-to-face counseling with clients.
- Ability to be present at the Counseling Center on Mondays and Tuesdays.
- Awareness that a pre-determined or specified number of hours (i.e. direct contact hours) cannot be guaranteed as client needs generally ebb and flow throughout the year.
- Complete a Practicum Student Application (please email email@example.com if you are having difficulty downloading the application).
- Read, sign and send Permission to Record Counseling and Supervision Sessions Form.
- Read, sign, and send Application Agreement Form.
- Send an official copy of your graduate transcripts.
- Send a cover letter stating your reasons for applying to our Practicum Program.
- Send a current vita.
- Have your graduate program coordinator complete and send the Verification of Practicum Eligibility Form.
- Two reference letters. Please include at least one (and preferably both) from your current and/or previous clinical supervisors.
Please send all application materials to:
Agnes Kwong, Ph.D.
Practicum Training Coordinator
University of Washington
401 Schmitz Hall, Box 355830
Seattle, WA 98195-5830
Phone: (206) 543-1240
FAX: (206) 616-6910
E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred modality)
Applications will be accepted until positions are filled, but please note that our interviews will be held between late February and early March and our positions tend to be filled shortly after.