Project Leader and individual registration for the 2014 MLK Day of Service is now open! To register for an MLK Day of Service project, visit the United Way of King County registration site.
Project Leaders select a specific service site, and are responsible for recruiting volunteers to participate in their project. They will sign volunteers up with United Way, and help with facilitation at Kickoff and their service site during the Day of Service.
Project Leader tasks include:
- Recruit volunteers to join your MLK Day project
- Communicate with your host organization
- Communicate with volunteers who sign up for your project
- Use the United Way online registration system to sign upand register group members
- Help frame why this event & your specific service project are important for the volunteers
- Coordinate t-shirt pick for your group members
If you are unable to fill your project with people you know, there will be an opportunity to open your project up to individual volunteers in early January!
Please see our Volunteer Project Leader Resource Manual for more information about being a Project Leader.
Project Leader Info Sessions will be held:
Thursday, November 20th, 3pm – 4pm in MGH 171E
Friday, November 21st, 10am – 11am in MGH 171E
If you are interested in participating in the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day of Service, but don’t want to be a Project Leader, registration for individuals will open on January 3.