Carlson Leadership & Public Service Center
August 18, 2014
SIFF is looking for a Marketing Intern!
The Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting the Marketing Manager in implementing SIFF’s overall marketing plan — focusing specifically on community outreach and promotions — to build awareness about SIFF Cinema, SIFF Education, and Seattle International FIlm Festival films, and to increase attendance and ticket sales.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist the Marketing Manager in creating marketing strategy and key messaging for SIFF’s programs and special events
- Assist the Marketing Manager in developing and implementing promotional opportunities to gain additional exposure through contests creative promotions
- Assist the Marketing Manager in creating marketing strategy and key messaging for Cinema and Festival films, SIFF Education, and special events
- Oversee the schedule and creation of targeted promotional emails
- Oversee distribution of print collateral
- Target special-interest groups and ethnic communities, promoting specific films and programs of interest
- Coordinate ticket giveaways to social service and community groups that encourage cultural participation while also driving ticket sales
- Develop relationships with local businesses and community organizations
- Ensure the calendar and all deadlines are communicated to all SIFF staff
- Assist with website copywriting, proofing, and updating as needed
- Ability to take initiative, show good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional ability to manage details
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- A bachelor’s degree (or currently enrolled) in the liberal arts or the equivalent work experience.
- Be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Understanding of basic layout and graphic design principles a plus.
Start date: 09/15/14
Time commitment: Be available for at least 20 hours a week
Location: Seattle Center Campus
How to apply: Email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com with the subject line “Marketing Intern.”
Supervisor contact info: Maria Rodriguez Abad, firstname.lastname@example.org