July 28, 2014
Fall Domestic Violence Volunteer and Advocacy Training
Do you have a passion to help victims of domestic violence? Work directly with the people LifeWire serves by attending our Fall Volunteer and DV Advocacy September Training! Training will be 9/3-9/29 on Monday and Wednesday evenings from 6-8pm with a special Saturday 10/4 advocacy training from 10-4:30pm. For more information, visit http://www.edvp.org/GetInvolved/Volunteer.aspx or contact our Volunteer Program Coordinator at email@example.com. Come join the movement to end violence in our communities!
We are looking for volunteers interested in Domestic Violence Advocacy. Once the month long training is complete LifeWire needs volunteers for a myriad of miscellaneous tasks ranging from direct service with program participants to more clerical work.
Time commitment: 32 hours for initial training
How to apply:
To Become a Direct Service Volunteer:
(1) Fill out the Volunteer Application and WA State Background Check, and either email to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax to 425-649-0752, or mail it to us: LifeWire Attn: Allison Jurkovich PO Box 6398 Bellevue, WA 98008
(2) Schedule an Interview with the Volunteer Program Coordinator
(3) Attend the Mandatory New Volunteer Orientation on September 3 from 6-8pm.
(4) Attend the mandatory Domestic Violence Advocacy Training September 3 through September 29th on Mondays and Wednesday evenings from 6pm-8pm with a special all-day Helpline training on Saturday October 4th from 10am-4:30pm
(5) Pay the $100 training Fee. (Fee reimbursed for those who volunteer with LifeWire after training completion for a minimum of 6 months)
Supervisor contact info: