Normandy – Alumni Campus Abroad
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Join UW professor Daniel Chirot on this small group tour of the historically significant region of Normandy.
Tour highlights include:
- Settle in for seven nights in Honfleur, known for colorful houses painted by famous artists, including Claude Monet.
- Enjoy excursions to the historical D-Day Landing Beaches and other area landmarks.
- Peruse a French market where vendors sell regional specialties like Camembert cheese.
- Tour Mont-Saint-Michel, Normandy’s medieval Gothic abbey built between 1017 and 1521 atop a 264-foot-high rock formation.
- In Giverny visit Claude Monet’s house, which provided inspiration for many of his paintings, and tour his studio where he painted the “Water Lily” series.
Land Only, $2,895, per person
Single Supplement: TBA
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!