University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Portrait of Italy
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Tour highlights include:
- Explore Amalfi, including a drive along the coast to enjoy picturesque views of the Mediterranean.
- Visit Pompeii, the city frozen in time by the ash of Mount Vesuvius.
- Spend two full days in Rome—explore the Colosseum, toss a coin in the Trevi fountain and enjoy the city’s delicious gelato.
- Venture out to the beautiful countryside of Umbria, and enjoy a cooking demonstration.
- See the Duomo in Orvieto and the Basilica di San Francesco, the burial place of St. Francis, in Assisi.
- In Siena, take in masterpieces by Michelangelo and Donatello.
- Spend a full day touring Florence, home to the magnificent David statue and the city’s Duomo, whose dome was engineered by Brunelleschi.
- Enjoy a wine tasting at a local winery in San Gimignano, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Walk through St. Mark’s Square, soaking up the ambience of the beautiful floating city of Venice.
Approximately $5,584 from Seattle.
Single Supplement: Approximately $995.
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!