University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Southern Italy & Sicily
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Tour highlights include:
- Spend three full days on the island of Sicily; explore Taormina, Agrigento and Mount Etna.
- Explore Matera, it’s cave dwellings have been named a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- In Alberobello take in the Trulli houses, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Discover the “Florence of the South,” Lecce, known for its barocco leccese style of carvings.
- Stop for a trattoria lunch en route to Sorrento; one of the many things this small town is known for is the refreshing limoncello drink.
- Following a guided tour of Pompeii, partake in a Neapolitan cooking lesson.
- Take a drive along the Amalfi Coast.
Optional extension: Rome, 4 days/3 nights
Approximately $5,367 from Seattle.
Single Supplement: Approximately $1,095.
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!