University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Eastern & Oriental Express
Activity Level: Mildly Active
Book by December 31 and save $250 per person!
Tour highlights include:
- Discover Bangkok on a traditional tuk-tuk, with stops to see the 141-foot-long Reclining Buddha, the beautiful Grand Palace and the majestic Temple of the Emerald Buddha.
- Enjoy Ayutthaya, a UNESCO World Heritage site and the second capital of the Siamese Kingdom, where you will visit the summer palace, Bang Pa-In, cruise the Chao Phraya River and learn about the plight of the Asian elephant at a non-profit center.
- Board the Eastern & Oriental Express, where you can enjoy the untouched landscapes of rural Thailand and Malaysia from the comfort of an open-air train car or from behind a large picture window in your private cabin.
- Explore George Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site, the capital of Penang and home to pre-World War II mosques, churches, temples and bazaars.
- Relax in Bali, where youíll enjoy the powder-soft sands of the islandís world famous beaches.
- Visit Tampak Siring, a holy spring water temple still used for purification ceremonies, and the Sacred Monkey Forest of Padangtegal, home to more than 600 long-tailed macaques.
Land Only: Pullman Cabin, $6,295 per person; State Cabin, $7,195 per person
Single Supplement: Pullman Cabin, $1,495; State Cabin, $2,895
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!