Across Spain & Portugal
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Tour highlights include:
- See the beautiful sites of Lisbon, including the Tower of Belem, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- In Operto, visit a port lodge and sample the fortified wine exclusive to this region.
- Travel to Santiago de Compostela, the last stop of the celebrated Way of St. James pilgrimage route.
- Stop in Leon and admire the 12th century Leon Cathedral’s stained glass windows.
- Tour the Guggenheim Museum Bilbao—designed by Frank Gehry and built in 1997.
- Take a day-long excursion to Basque Country; visit the villages of Bakio, Bermeo, Mundaka and Gernika.
- En route to Bielsa, stop in Pamplona, known for the annual Running of the Bulls.
- Discover the beauty of Ordesa y Monte Perdido National Park, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve.
- While in Barcelona, see the famed architecture of Antonio Gaudi including Casa Mila, Parc Guell and Sagrada Familia.
- Take a railway up to Santa Maria de Montserrat, the Benedictine abbey that hosts the Virgin of Montserrat sanctuary.
Approximately $5,457 from Seattle.
Single Supplement: Approximately $1,295.
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!