Additional tours are being offered on the following dates:
May 2 - May 14, 2015
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Tour highlights include:
- In Tokyo, visit the historic Imperial Palace, the Buddhist Asakusa Kannon temple, and take a tour of the gallery of famous calligrapher Koshun Masunaga.
- Journey to Mount Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park and see the stunning beauty of Mount Fuji, recognized as a UNESCO World Heritage site for its artistic inspiration.
- In Suwa, spend a night at a traditional ryokan.
- Enjoy a sake tasting and then spend time exploring shops in the San-machi-suji district.
- Visit the Miyagawa Morning Market in Takayama, where vendors sell an array of goods and food.
- Tour the picturesque Shirakawago Gassho-zukuri Village, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- In Kanazawa, explore the Kenrokuen Garden, see the Ishikawa Gate and visit the Nagamachi Samurai district.
- Spend three full days in Kyoto with time to visit the Ryoan-ji Temple, attend a traditional tea ceremony and take a cycling tour through the grounds of the Imperial Palace.
Optional Post-Tour Extension: Hiroshima, 3 days/2 nights
$3,995 land only or $5,586 with group air from Seattle (air price includes $691 in taxes and fees)
Single Supplement: $995
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!