University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Only two double spots left!
Discover a fascinating foreign land of imperial cities, vast deserts and hospitable people on this exhilarating trip to Morocco! Travelers will fall in love with the country's sacred mosques, imposing kasbahs and lively souks. This tour visits six UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Rabat, Fez, Meknes, Volubilis, Ait ben-Haddou and Marrakech.Tour highlights:
- Your trip begins and ends in Morocco’s largest city, Casablanca, where the country’s only mosque open to non-Muslims, Hassan II Mosque, stands like a beacon.
- Spend the day exploring the country’s capital, Rabat; stops include the Kasbah of the Oudaias, Andalusian Garden and a private lunch in Salé.
- Visit the imperial city of Meknes and the ancient Roman ruins at Volubilis.
- Share tea with a Berber family and enjoy dinner in a private home in Fez.
- Watch the sun set over the desert while riding a camel along the beautiful sand dunes on the edge of the Sahara at Merzouga.
- Follow the ancient and scenic "Route of a Thousand Kasbahs."
- Journey to uninhabited Ait Ben-Haddou, a scenic village in southern Morocco, whose stunning architecture is used as a backdrop in films and fashion shoots.
- Spend four exciting days in Marrakech; see the Koutoubia Mosque’s 282-foot minaret, the El Bahia Palace and the Berber Museum.
Start the beginning of your beautiful friendship with Morocco on this small-group tour!
$3,595 land only or $5,029 with group air from Seattle (air price includes $434 in taxes and fees)
Single Supplement: $1,395
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!