Cuba–The People, Culture & Art
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Until recently, Cuba has been out of reach for most American travelers. With our people-to-people travel license, UW Alumni Tours can now take you to this fascinating Caribbean country to experience firsthand the exhilarating history, incredible architecture and rich culture.
This exciting program combines fascinating excursions with insightful commentary and daily interaction with Cuba citizens and will unravel for you the mysteries and contradictions of this intriguing nation.
- Visit the Museo de la Revolucion, housing Cuba’s most complete exposition of its revolutionary culture
- Explore Old Havana, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, discovering the Plaza de Armas, the Cathedral, the Fountain of the Lions and more
- Visit the Cuban ballet school, Lizt Alfonso, and interact with the instructors and students
- Drive through the historic quarter in an antique convertible, on your way to visit an artist’s studio
- Learn about Cuba’s cigar industry while visiting a cigar factory
- Attend a discussion of contemporary arts in Cuba, moderated by Wilfredo Benitez, a director of the Ludwig Foundation
- Meet with students and teachers at a local school in Vedado
- Explore the campus of Universidad de la Habana and speak with students and professors for a glimpse of Cuban university life
$4,395 with charter air from Miami (includes $500 roundtrip air from Miami and $600 deposit to UW Alumni Tours)
Single Supplement: $375
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!