Kenya & Tanzania
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Rough it in style on an African safari that covers grasslands, highlands, reserves and national parks; along the way, you will enjoy spectacular game drives, amazing landscapes and excellent accommodations. Meet unforgettable local people and experience the true heart of Africa with this classic safari.
- Enjoy a three-day safari at Masai Mara, Kenya’s premier game reserve, known for its annual wildebeest migration and 200 square miles of animals, vast plains, acacia forests and slow-flowing rivers
- Visit a traditional Masai village
- Spend two nights at Serengeti National Park, one of the world’s last great wildlife refuges whose treeless plains offer the best place to view lions and cheetahs up close
- Visit Olduvai Gorge, where in 1959 anthropologist Mary Leaky discovered a 1.8 million-year-old skull that revolutionized the study of human evolution
- Tour the Ngorongoro Crater, perhaps the best place to see Africa’s "Big Five"—elephants, buffalo, rhinoceroses, lions and leopards—in one place
- Explore Nairobi, the capital of Kenya, where you will visit the Giraffe Center, as well as the house and museum of Danish writer Karen Blixen (aka Isak Dinesen), author of Out of Africa
- Enjoy 14 nights’ accommodations in deluxe or superior first-class hotels and lodges, including three nights in a luxury tented camp in Masai Mara
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!