University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Ecuador & Galapagos Family Adventure
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Create memories to last a lifetime by taking the whole family on this exciting adventure! Learn about the ancient Incan civilization that ruled present day Ecuador, snorkel with sea lions, and watch the antics of turtles, iguanas and blue-footed boobies. All of this and more makes this a fun and exhilarating trip.
- Travel into the breathtaking Andean Highlands to Cuenca, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Learn about the Inca’s Heliocentric system and their complex agricultural development at the Pumapungo Inca Ruins Park
- Rock climb with an expert in Cojitambo
- Explore the magnificent El Cajas National Park, which is home to the prominent South American Condor, the Curiquinga, a large black and white raptor, and the largest hummingbird in the world
- Visit Urbina Bay, a nesting area for giant tortoises, pelicans, flightless cormorants and Galapagos penguins
- Snorkel off of Santa Cruz Island, where you'll look for a variety of fish, rays and possibly the harmless white tip reef sharks
- Walk through a lava field to find imprints of trees and plants
- Spend four nights aboardthe M/V Legend, which comes equipped with a pool, solarium, jogging track, game room and air-conditioned cabins. The cozy ship's capacity is limited to 100 guests.
This active trip is the perfect summer getaway for families looking for that unforgettable adventure to two exciting destinations. This trip is sure to be a hit with everyone in the family!
Starting at $7,090 adult land only; $6,890 teen land only (12-17 yrs. old); $6,490 child land only (6-11 yrs. old)
Single Supplement: $4,000
Operator: Thomson Family Adventures (TFA)
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!