University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Cruise the Waterways of Russia
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Book before March 18 and save $250 per person.
Experience the striking power of the Russian Federation on this spectacular cruise, which visits many of the country’s rich historical sites. As the largest country in the world, spanning the whole of Northern Asia and most of Eastern Europe, Russia has an incredibly diverse landscape and culture, making it a must-see destination for any traveler.
- Spend three nights in St. Petersburg, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Tour Catherine’s Palace and the fine art collection at the State Hermitage Museum
- Cruise the Neva River and Lake Ladoga while enjoying lectures, language lessons, and other activities aboard the ship
- Walk the cobblestone streets of Mandrogi, and peruse the numerous shops and dachas
- On Kizhi Island, discover the art of wooden architecture at Kizhi Pogost, a site that includes the 22-dome Church of Transfiguration, an 18th-century church built without a single nail
- Learn about rural Russian life in Goritsy, home to a rich monastic history that still continues today
- Visit Yaroslavl, one of the Golden Ring cities that have played a vital role in Russian history
- Take a walking tour of Uglich, which includes visits to Old Kremlin, the Church of St. Dimitry on the Blood, and the Transfiguration Cathedral
- Take a guided tour of Moscow and spend your last day in the country's capital exploring on your own
Cabins start at $4,945 per person
Single Supplement: Available on request
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!