University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Grand Danube Passage
Activity Level: Mildly Active
Book before March 18 and save $250 per person. Click here for trip details.
Embark on this educational river cruise and travel through eight diverse countries, including Germany, the Czech Republic, Austria, Romania and Bulgaria. On the Danube, “the King of Europe’s Rivers,” you’ll visit 12 interesting cities and villages, each with its own culture and history just waiting to be discovered.
- Explore the varied architecture displayed in the Prague Castle, which has history dating back to the 9th century
- Take in the beautiful, baroque-styled Melk Abbey, known for its extensive monastic manuscript collection
- Visit a local farm and the Archbishop’s Palace in the town of Kalocsa
- Cruise through the awe inspiring Iron Gate Gorge, one of Europe's most dramatic natural sites
- Stroll down Ringstrasse, while exploring the gilded city of Vienna
- Throughout the cruise, immerse yourself in local history and culture by attending the included lectures by local experts
- Spend an entire day in Sofia , Bulgaria’s capital and the EU’s largest capital
Spend eight nights aboard the MS Amadeus Brilliant, along with staying two nights each in the deluxe accommodations at the Intercontinental Prague Hotel and the Sheraton Sofia Hotel Balkan. Join us on this enchanting voyage that will surely fulfill a lifelong dream!
Cabins start at $4,845 per person
Single Supplement: No single supplement fee!
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!