Activity Level: Moderately Active
Experience the rich cultural tapestry, wondrous sights and incredible diversity of this intriguing country. Focusing on the regions of Tamil Nadu and Kerala, this tour introduces you to fascinating temples, mouth-watering regional dishes and breathtaking scenery.
- Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Mahabalipuram, with its amazing pagodas and shrines.
- Tour Chennai’s Bronze Museum, with its extensive collection of prehistoric sculptures.
- Visit the Jewish town and synagogue in Cochin.
- Admire the elaborate costumes of the Kathakali dancers and enjoy an evening dance performance.
- Spend two nights cruising the idyllic network of rivers and canals of Kerala on a traditional Kettuvallam houseboat.
- See a demonstration of the martial arts called Kalari Payathu, a forerunner of Karate and Kung-fu.
- Spend five days taking in the highlights of Sri Lanka.
Visiting Southern India and Sri Lanka will truly be an adventure – join us!
Take a look at some photos of this gorgeous country:
$4,595 land only
Single Supplement: $1,595 (limited availability)
Operator: Worldview Tours
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!