University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Autumn in America’s Heartland
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Special UW pricing extended through May 30!
The leaves along the Mississippi River burst with fall colors, and you're invited to witness this colorful spectacle. Beginning in St. Paul, you’ll spend a week cruising through the states of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa and Missouri. Experience the beauty and highlights of the Midwest, all while staying on the gorgeous American Queen steamboat – a paddlewheel steamboat which has quickly become a favorite of UW travelers.
- Discover the Twin Cities in St. Paul, the first major port on the Mississippi River
- Explore pottery shops and one-of-a-kind boutiques in Red Wing
- Learn about Scandinavian history with Norwegian descendants in La Crosse
- While in Dubuque, take in the city’s highlights like Cable Car Square and the Smithsonian-affiliated National Mississippi River Museum
- Explore Davenport’s museums and educational cultural centers
- Enjoy Burlington’s many historical buildings and gorgeous bluffs overlooking the Mississippi
- Hop on the Twainland Express to explore Hannibal, boyhood home of Samuel Clemens, who authored American classics under the pen name Mark Twain
Spend seven nights aboard the American Queen, the only authentic overnight paddlewheel steamboat cruising the Mississippi River. Don’t miss your chance to see firsthand the allure of steamboat travel.
Cabins start at $2,549 per person
Single Supplement: Available upon request
Operator: Go Next
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!