University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Barging in Burgundy - France
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Book by December 31 and save $250 per person!
Be our guest on this wonderful getaway to the romantic Burgundy region of France! Combine three nights aboard the specially-chartered, Dutch-built Caprice, a two-deck barge that provides perfect riverside views of the Chalonnais and Cote de Beaune wine regions, with hotel stays in Beaune and Lyon.
- Begin your journey in Beaune, the jewel of Burgundy, home to the Hospices de Beaune, a former almshouse and now host of an annual wine auction
- Marvel at the half-timbered houses and stone mansions dating back to the 15th century in Dijon
- Take a scenic drive through the wine-producing towns of the Cote d’Or and visit Gevrey-Chambertin, a village known for its Cote-du-Nuits wine
- Tour the 11th-century St. Philibert Abbey in Tournus
- Spend time in Lyons, where you will learn about its many architectural styles on a walking tour and sharpen up your cooking skills with a culinary class
- Enjoy wine tastings at medieval chateaux and private wineries
Experience the highlights of Burgundy and learn about its unique history, fascinating culture, and delicious cuisine. Please join us!
$4,995, Land Only
Single Supplement: $3,395
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!