Waterways and Canals of Holland and Belgium
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Book by March 4 and save $250 per person!
Experience the beauty of Holland and Belgium in spring with a cruise on their world-famous waterways with this UW Alumni tour! Travel through the canals of these charming countries while enjoying educational opportunities and breathtaking tours of the region’s attractions. You'll make these memories from aboard the exclusively chartered MS Amadeus Silver, your comfortable home away from home.
- Begin you journey in Amsterdam, where you'll take an evening cruise through its picturesque canals and enjoy perfect views of its important sites
- Journey through Dutch flower fields at the renowned Keukenhof Gardens, a 70-acre paradise of tulips and hyacinths and home to a 700-tree labyrinth
- Gaze upon some of Rembrandt and Vermeer’s finest works at the renowned Mauritshuis in the historic city of The Hague
- Stroll Delft’s Market Square, the perfect place for relaxing with the locals
- Sail along the Zeeland Coast and learn about the Delta Works, the massive dam and flood barriers that took 20 years to build
- In Belgium, discover romantic Bruges, a UNESCO World Heritage site that has been dubbed the "Venice of the north," thanks to its medieval buildings, ivy-clad canals and cobblestone streets
- Enjoy an educational lecture about contemporary Belgium and spend some leisure time roaming Antwerp, where you'll discover its churches, museums, Grote Market and other serendipitous finds
As part of the alumni campus abroad series, this cruise is a comprehensive package including meals, excursions, lectures and, of course, the company of fellow UW alumni and friends. The ship has been exclusively chartered by AHI Travel so you’ll also meet alumni from other universities – always a highlight on our river cruises!
Cruise cabin categories start at $2,495, cruise only
Single Supplement: $895
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!