University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Eastern & Oriental Express
Activity Level: Mildly Active
Explore southern Asiaís kaleidoscope of colors, sounds, landscapes and cultures via train with this unforgettable journey. From bustling Bangkok to the breathtaking scenery of Bali, youíll discover a world characterized by a mix of ancient beauty and modern gems.
- Discover Bangkok on a traditional tuk-tuk, with stops to see the 141-foot-long Reclining Buddha, the beautiful Grand Palace and the majestic Temple of the Emerald Buddha, which is made of jade and clothed in gold
- Enjoy Ayutthaya, a UNESCO World Heritage site and the second capital of the Siamese Kingdom; you will visit the Summer Palace on Bag Pa-In, cruise the Chao Phraya River, and learn about the plight of the Asian elephant at a non-profit center
- Board the Eastern & Oriental Express, where you can enjoy the untouched landscapes of rural Thailand and Malaysia from the comfort of an open-air train car or from behind the large picture window in your private cabin
- Explore George Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site, the capital of Penang and home to pre-World War II mosques, churches, temples and bazaars
- Relax in Bali, where youíll enjoy the powder-soft sands of the islandís world famous beaches, watch farmers work in the rice fields, and chat with teachers and students at a local school
- Visit Tampak Siring Temple, a holy spring water temple still used for purification ceremonies, and Sacred Monkey Forest of Padangtegal, home to more than 600 long-tailed macaques
Youíll enjoy luxurious hotel and rail accommodations, each featuring modern conveniences and amenities, as you experience a mix of cosmopolitan cities, ancient relics and beautiful beaches. Reserve your spot today!
$5,995 for Pullman Cabin or $6,895 for State Cabin. Air fare is additional
Single Supplement: $1,495 for Pullman Cabin or $2,595 for State Cabin
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!