Activity Level: Moderately Active
Benvenuti! This exciting itinerary takes you from the Alps to the Adriatic for an all-encompassing exploration of the very best of northern Italy.
- In Stresa, take a tour of stunning Isola Bella, an island located in the middle of Lake Maggiore
- Journey to the fashion capital Milan, a contemporary city filled with fascinating historical structures
- Take a boat ride from Portovenere to the Cinque Terre, made up of five cliff hanging villages that look as if they have been sculpted out of the mountainside
- Spend the day in Portofino, exploring this luxury port and enjoying local seafood
- Spend the day exploring Florence, where you'll see Michelangelo’s David, visit the Duomo, and wander along the Piazza della Signoria
- Stop by Castellina in Chianti for a tour and wine sampling; this is the only region that produces authentic Chianti Classico
- Explore the lesser-known region of Volterra, which was the center of Etruscan art from the 9th century BCE through the 4th century
- Walk amongst the towers of San Gimignano, known for its collection of 14th- and 15th-century art masterpieces
- Take a walking tour of Venice, where you'll stop at the Piazza San Marco, the Bridge of Sighs, and the Rialto district
Extend your stay in Italy with the optional post-tour extension to Venice, where you can explore this magical city by foot or on a romantic gondola.
$3,595 land only or $4,999 with group air from Seattle (air price includes $704 in taxes and fees)
Single Supplement: $695
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!