University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Activity Level: Moderately Active
A place so foreign and yet so familiar, China is the go-to destination for travelers looking to quench their need for discovery. Travel to fascinating historical sights and enjoy the myriad opportunities to learn about Chinese culture from local residents.
- Begin your trip in Beijing with tours of Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Experience the fun of a traditional rickshaw ride with a tour through Beijing’s back alleys, known as hutongs
- Take a fascinating tour of the only manmade structure visible from space, the Great Wall of China
- Spend a day visiting two UNESCO World Heritage sites: the Temple of Heaven complex and the Summer Palace in Beijing
- In Xian, travelers have the opportunity to visit the remarkable Terra Cotta Warriors, a breathtaking display that includes 8,000 life-size soldiers, horses and chariots
- Visit Yu Yuan Gardens in Shanghai, a private garden made public only in 1961; continue on to the Shanghai Museum, acclaimed for its collection of ancient Chinese art
- Cruise for four nights on the Yangtze River, including a stop at the Three Gorges Dam
- See adorable pandas at a local zoo in Chongqing
- Explore Guilin, home to the Reed Flute Caves as well as thousands of stalactites and rock formations left behind from years of erosion
- Enjoy a dim sum lunch in Hong Kong, and spend the day exploring this exciting city
UW Alumni Tours is excited to offer this rare glimpse into Chinese culture. Make your reservation today!
$5,295 land only or $6,437 with group air from Seattle (air price includes $642 in taxes and fees)
Single Supplement: $1,695
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!