Activity Level: Moderately Active
Explore the mix of worlds and eras unique to Turkey with this fascinating tour. The picturesque region sits at the nexus of Asia and Europe, and it features an unlikely collision of ancient cultures and modern chic. You’ll get the best of this beautiful country with the Turkish Treasures tour, including a tour of cosmopolitan Istanbul and trips back in time at Nemrut Dag and Hattusha.
- Explore Istanbul, the cultural and spiritual heart of Turkey, including the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, and Topkapi, the medieval palace of Ottoman sultans
- Shop at Istanbul’s massive Grand Bazaar, home to about 4,000 shops and the Spice Market, teeming with exotic spices, nuts and dried fruits from around the world
- Visit Gaziantep, counted as one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world
- Visit Nemrut Dag, a UNESCO World Heritage site and the presumed mountaintop burial site of Antiochus I
- Explore the Cappadocia region, home to caves, the “rock city” of Uçhisar and the underground village of Kaymakli
- Travel to Hattusha, a UNESCO World Heritage site, former capital of the Hittite empire, and home to a preserved network of temples, fortifications and royal residences
- Learn about the history of Asia Minor in Ankara, where you will explore the Museum of Anatolian Civilizations and the Atatürk Mausoleum, honoring the founder of the Turkish Republic, Kemal Atatürk
$2,995 land only or $4,194 with group air from Seattle (air price includes $399 in taxes and fees)
Single Supplement: $895
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!