University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Activity Level: Moderately Active
There’s nothing like the beauty and charm of France—and its provincial regions are among the most breathtaking in the world. Your once-in-a-lifetime experience begins in Toulouse and ends in Paris; along the way, delight in the diversity of Languedoc, the remote Dordogne, the lovely Loire Valley, and historic Normandy. The tour will end in Paris, one of the most storied and romantic cities in the world. Oh-la-la, c’est manifique!
- Discover historic Albi, hometown of post-Impressionist painter Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec.
- Tour Chateau de Chenonceau, a Renaissance masterpiece considered by many the most romantic of all manor houses (chateau) in chateaux country (Loire Valley).
- Visit Mont-St.-Michel, Normandy’s medieval Gothic abbey built between 1017 and 1521 atop a 264-foot-high rock formation.
- Enjoy a leisurely cruise along the Dordogne River, admiring cliff-top castles, fortified medieval towns and the historical region of Aquitane.
- Tour the D-Day Landing Beaches in Normandy, where Allied forces altered the course of World War II, and visit the famed and moving American Cemetery overlooking Omaha Beach.
- Travel to Giverny and visit the colorful home and painterly gardens of artist Claude Monet.
- Get acquainted with Paris, the City of Lights, and treat yourself to the magnificence of the Louvre, one of the world’s greatest museums.
This small-group tour to one of the world’s most charming places offers something for everyone. Don’t miss out!
$4,195 land only or $5,596 with group air from Seattle (air price includes $701 in taxes and fees)
Single Supplement: $1,195
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!