Activity Level: Moderately Active
Join UW Professor Terje Leiren on this small group tour to see the exquisite beauty of Iceland! Visit stunning waterfalls, charming beaches, and magnificent rock formations, all the while learning about this country’s fascinating Norse history.
- Take in the stunning landscape in Arnarstapi and the mysterious rock formations in Djupalonssandur.
- Travel to Lake Myvatn, one of the world’s natural wonders with a landscape of lava fields, eerie volcanic craters, and bubbling mud flats.
- Explore Godafoss and learn why it’s known as the "waterfall of the gods."
- Take in numerous natural wonders at Jökulsárgljúfur National Park. Attractions include the famous Dettifoss, Europe’s most powerful waterfall, and Ásbyrgi, a remarkable steep-walled canyon.
- Learn about the parliament founded in 930 CE at Thingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site. While there, you’ll see the fissures between the North America and Eurasian Plates.
- Walk along the black-sand beach at Reynisfjara, where basalt sea stacks line the coastline.
- Explore Reykjavik, the capital of Iceland, or participate in an optional tour to the Blue Lagoon, a mineral rich geothermal spa.
This comprehensive tour includes nine nights in first-class accommodations. You may also consider joining the four day, post-tour extension to fascinating Greenland.
$3,595 land only or $4,798 with group air from Seattle (air price includes $403 in taxes and fees)
Single Supplement: $995
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!