Costa Rica: Light Adventure & Birding
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Join UW Professor Emeritus James Karr and discover the incredible bird life and natural beauty of Costa Rica. Packed with a variety of outdoor activities and educational opportunities, this trip is perfect for those who desire a more active adventure.
Trip highlights include:
- Hike to La Paz Waterfall Gardens, where you'll encounter hummingbirds that will eat out of your hand
- Spot nocturnal mammals and birds on guided night hikes
- Go whitewater rafting down the Sarapiqui River, where the Ornate Hawk-eagle, Crested Guan, and Pied Puffbird nest
- View Arenal Volcano and enjoy a volcanology lecture
- Learn about the ecosystem and how life in the rainforest thrives
- Walk across the famous hanging bridges at Carara National Park
- Observe the high-elevation forests of the Talamanca Mountains
- While at Cerro de la Muerte, known for its diverse endemic wildlife, spot rare species like the Red-fronted Parrotlet, Costa Rican Pygmy-owl, and the Silvery-fronted Tapaculo
With a full itinerary for birders and non-birders alike, you’ll come away with a keen appreciation for the natural history and beauty of this Latin America paradise.
Friends & family are welcome—you don’t have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!
Single Supplement: TBA
Operator: Holbrook Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!