University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Scotland & the Military Tattoo
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Discover Scotland's rugged highlands, pastoral lowlands and historic architecture on this fabulous journey to the home of freedom fighters and folk heroes, as well as the birthplace of golf. Feast your eyes on colorful seaside towns, storybook castles, and enchanting lakes on this memorable tour that includes a performance of the Edinburgh Military Tattoo!
Tour highlights include:
- Spend two days in Glasgow, where you will explore the city’s beautiful architecture and take a guided tour of the Edwardian-era Pollock House
- See Britain’s largest lake, Loch Lomond, where a brief cruise offers the perfect vantage point of this stunning lake
- Enjoy a scenic drive through the Cuillin Hills or "Black Cuillin" on the Isle of Skye, and stop for a breathtaking view of Eilean Donan Castle
- Visit enigmatic Loch Ness, 13th-century Urquhart Castle, and the university town of Iverness
- Watch working Border Collies demonstrate their amazing herding skills in Kincraig
- Enjoy medieval structures in Old Town Edinburgh and Georgian architecture in the New Town
- Attend the legendary Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo, an annual performance featuring one of the world’s best military bands done in the floodlit esplanade of Edinburgh Castle
- Tour the Palace of Holyrood House, residence of Kings and Queens of Scots (and still used by the royal family today)
Scotland is a hypnotic blend of Celtic, Norse, and Norman cultures. Make your reservation today and experience this amazing tapestry with us!
$4,195 land only or $5,947 with group air from Seattle (air price includes $652 in taxes and fees)
Single Supplement: $1,195
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!