University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Australia and New Zealand
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Escape the cold winter months and travel to Australia and New Zealand during their summer season on this UW Alumni Tours trip! Spend 17 days basking in the sunlight and enjoying the stunning landscape while learning about the culture of “Down Under.”
Tour highlights include:
- Snorkel and swim in the Great Barrier Reef, the world’s largest living organism
- Meet with the Walpiri, an indigenous Australian tribe, and learn about their aboriginal culture
- Tour the gorgeous Sydney Opera House
- At Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, take in a sunset that leaves the rock formations glowing red
- Spend a day at leisure in Queenstown, New Zealand
- Visit the fascinating Ruakuri Cave, illuminated by glowworms
Enjoy the services of a local tour director who will accompany travelers throughout this trip. This is a small group tour, limited to 24 people, so don’t miss your chance to soak in the warmth of the Aussie and Kiwi people and their summer weather!
Optional Extension: Explore Auckland on your own for three days and two nights. This extension is available for $245, with a single supplement price of $145. Ask about this great opportunity when registering for your tour!
Air from Seattle $8,678, No Land Only Program
Single Supplement: $2,195
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!