Activity Level: Moderately Active
The allure of India has, for many years, drawn travelers to its religious history, delicious cuisine and cultural dynamism. This UW trip samples it all, including chaotic Delhi, the awe-inspiring wonder of the Taj Mahal, the ancient temples of Khajuraho, and the holiness of Varanasi. Explore the best and most interesting areas of India’s Golden Triangle with this action-packed tour.
Trip highlights include:
- In Delhi, tour the 16th-century Tomb of Humayun and Qutab Minar, a 234-step tower dating back to 1193
- In Old Delhi, tour India’s largest mosque, Jama Masjid
- Visit Jantar Mantar, an open-air astronomical observatory
- Walk through the red sandstone city of Fatehpur Sikri, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Learn about the romantic history of the Taj Mahal
- Participate in an Indian cuisine cooking lesson
- Travel by train to the Khajuraho Group of Monuments
- Enjoy game drives in Ranthambore Tiger Preserve, former private hunting grounds of the Maharajahs
- Meet the local Meena tribes people while on a camel safari
- Take an early morning cruise on the Ganges, the most sacred river of India
This special program explores the beauty, history and diversity of northern India. This is truly a trip of a lifetime. Make your reservation today!
Optional extension: Stay in Nepal for five days and four nights for $1,341!
$4,095 land only. $5,694 with group air from Seattle. (Group air includes $799 in airline taxes and departure fees)
Single Supplement: $1,795
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!