University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Machu Picchu & Galapagos Islands
Activity Level: Moderately Active
This is your chance to visit two ‘bucket list’ destinations and have the time of your life! Enjoy near-private access to the enigmatic ruins of Machu Picchu, plus four days’ cruise through the wonders of the Galapagos make for an unrivaled and exhilarating discovery of lost worlds in the 21st century.
Tour highlights include:
- Visit historic Cuzco, South America’s oldest, continuously inhabited city and the archaeological hub of the American continents
- Journey through the indigenous villages of Sacred Valley, where residents live much like their ancestors, wearing traditional clothes and hewing to age-old customs
- See Machu Picchu, the “Lost City of the Incas,” on a guided tour by day, and at a more leisurely pace in the evening (after all the day-trippers have left!)
- Cruise the Galapagos, Darwin’s “living laboratory,” aboard a privately chartered boat and experience very close encounters with sea lions, pelicans, iguanas, flamingos and more
- Tour three UNESCO World Heritage sites, including Quito, the very first city so designated
- Straddle two hemispheres on a visit to Middle of the World Monument in Quito
Lose yourself in the beauty and mystery of two of South America’s greatest treasures!
$6,895 land only, $7,893 with group air from Seattle or $7,393 from Miami. (Air prices include $798 in airline taxes and departure fees).
Single Supplement: $3,095
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!