University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Accompanied by UW Emeritus Professor James Karr
Travel to East Africa where the savanna meets the jungle and where misty, lush rainforests hold the hope of encounters with mountain gorillas. This tour offers an up-close adventure for discovering a variety of big game animals, along with an abundance of birdlife.
Tour highlights include:
- Visit Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, a non-profit organization working to increase the rhinoceros population
- Set out to encounter chimpanzees in Kibale National Park, a 111-mile evergreen rainforest
- Take a tour of the Katwe Salt Mines, where salt is still mined today
- Encounter black-maned tree-climbing lions in the Ishasha sector of Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Hike through the forest in Bwindi Impenetrable National Park where travelers will likely encounter mountain gorillas
- Watch a dance performance by the Batwa Pygmy and meet a local healer
Join us on this new safari itinerary tour that is sure to introduce you to a different and exciting side of Africa.
$7,095 land only. $9,074 with group air from Seattle. (Group air includes $679 in airline taxes and departure fees)
Single Supplement: $1,295
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!