England's Lake District
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Explore the ethereal landscapes of England’s Lake District, from Scafell Pike, its highest mountain, to Wastwater, its deepest and most dramatic lake. See why the lakes have inspired philosophers, writers and poets, such as William Wordsworth.
Trip Highlights Include:
- Cruise Lake Windermere on an iron steamboat
- Visit Wordsworth’s family home, Rydal Mount, for a private poetry reading and a tour of the gardens
- Take a lake cruiser and visit the 5,000 year-old Castlerigg Stone Circle perched high on the fells
- Admire the scenery aboard the miniature Ravenglass and Eskdale railway as you travel to Wastwater and Muncaster Castle
- Follow Hadrian’s Wall, a UNESCO World Heritage site
- Participate on included walks to experience the landscape and culture of England’s Lake District National Park
$2,995 land only (VAT is an additional $295)
Single Supplement: $495
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!