Villages & Vineyards of Italy
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Update: Booking Deadline Extended to February 26, 2013!
Tuscany is celebrated for breathtaking beauty, magnificent art and architecture and superb wines and cuisines. Join us as we discover the historic hilltop towns of Cortona, Lucca, Pienza and Turin, just to name a few. Along the way we will sample specialty wines and enjoy wonderful culinary delights.
Tour highlights include:
- Enjoy a special opera dinner in Puccini's home town of Lucca
- Experience the flavors of the 'Slow Food Movement' at Boccon Divino in Alba
- Discover the treasures on the Venaria Reale estate, from the Royal Palace to the exquisite gardens
- In Lari, watch a pasta-making demonstration by the Martelli Family, a famed pasta dynasty
- View the private art collection of the Agnelli Family in Turin
- Learn about wine production during a visit to the Barolo Wine Museum
- Marvel at the palazzo and churches in idyllic Montepulciano and renaissance Florence
- Stay three nights each in the deluxe hotels of: Relais Alla Corte del Sole, Hotel San Luca Palace and Albergo dell-Agenzia
This breathtaking new itinerary is sure to become a UW travelers' favorite.
$4,495 land only (VAT is an additional $275)
Single Supplement: $895
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!