University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Black Sea Odyssey
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Surrounded by Georgia, Russia, Ukraine, Romania and Turkey, the Black Sea boasts an astounding wealth of culture and history on its shores. Discover the many fascinating aspects of this region during an exciting journey that takes you from the birth of civilization to the dramatic end of the Cold War.
Trip highlights include:
- Your small-ship experience offers easy access to remote inlets, quiet harbors, magnificent islands and coastal waters
- Explore Istanbul, the fabled capital of the Byzantine and Ottoman empires, and marvel at the Blue Mosque
- Visit Stalinís summer home in Sochi and view mementos from his life
- Journey to Sudak to tour the Genoese fortress, one of the best preserved fortresses on the Black Sea
- See the remains of a Greek temple, the ruins of a Roman amphitheater and other fascinating sites in Sevastopol
- Experience the magic of the vibrant Odessa and climb the Potemkin Stairs
- During your cruise, youíll learn about the regionís history and culture through on board lectures
Cabin prices range from $3,995 (inside cabin) to $9,495 (ownerís suite), depending on cruise category. Special airfares are available, including a rate of $795 from Seattle.
Single Supplement: Call for details.
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!