University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Pearls of Southeast Asia
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Discover the treasures of Hong Kong and then board the MV Aegean Odysseys and set sail for some of the most fascinating ports in Southeast Asia. Cruise the South China, Sulu and Java seas on a 10-night voyage to the Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia. During the cruise, noted scholars will present a lecture series on local topics to help you learn about the incredible history and culture of this richly interesting part of the world.
Tour highlights include:
- Your trip begins with two nights in Hong Kong, with time to tour the city’s many landmarks, or shop for treasures at the Stanley Market
- Get to know Manila while touring the city’s highlights, including the 16th-century Fort Santiago
- Tour the Sepilok Rehabilitation Center, a home for orphaned orangutans and other native species
- Visit the Toraja, an ethnic group indigenous to the mountainous region of South Sulawesi
- Learn about the history and culture of Lombok Island at the Nusa Tenggara Barat Museum
- Spend 10 nights aboard the MV Aegean Odysseys, enjoying its many amenities such as lectures, films and spa treatments
- Marvel at the many temples and palaces of Bali, while spending three nights on this island paradise
We’re very excited to offer our first cruise aboard the MV Aegean Odysseys, a ship known for its extensive lecture program. Unlike many other ships, all excursions and gratuities are included in the cruise price adding to the great value of this itinerary. We hope to see you on-board!
Cabin prices start at $3,995 (inside cabin) - $8,595 (owner’s suite), depending on cruise category. Special airfares are available, including a rate of $995 from Seattle.
Single Supplement: Call for details.
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!