University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Undiscovered Italy: Apulia
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Why not extend your time in Southern Italy and combine this trip with our Sorrento trip from Oct. 2-10? Call us for more details.
Go back in time with a trip to Apulia in southern Italy, where fresh seafood and artisan wine abound. Enjoy scenic views of this historic region, perched atop cliffs overlooking the Adriatic Sea. Travel with local experts who will provide an insider’s look into Polignano a Mare, a region overflowing with architectural wonders and a past over two thousand years old.
Trip highlights include:
- Tour the medieval town of Ostuni, known in the region as La Città Bianca
- Enjoy a cobblestoned walking tour through the Arco Marchesale, with scenic stops including the 11th-century Basilica di San Nicola
- Enjoy a leisurely lunch at a family-run olive farm in Bisceglie
- Visit Trani a fishing town, a previous Knight’s of Templar site
- Disover Alberobello’s fascinating Trulli houses known for their unique cone- like roofs
- Sample the region’s wine at a local winery
Spend seven nights at the four-star Hotel Covo dei Saraceni, where views of the Polignano a Mare’s Cala Porto cove and historic limestone architecture are right outside your door. This intimate tour is limited to 36 travelers, so book as soon as possible!
Price: $2,395 land only (plus $185 VAT)
Single Supplement: $495
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!