University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Mysteries of Myanmar
Additional tours are being offered on the following dates:
January 31 - February 13, 2014
Activity Level: Active
Uncover the beauty of religious temples both humble and lavish, spanning a spectrum that rivals the diversity of Myanmar’s people, on this exceptional tour. Visit this beautiful country’s many must-see attractions and enjoy intimate gatherings with monks and farmers.
Trip highlights include:
- Tour the opulent Shwedagon Pagoda, the most sacred Buddhist relic for the Burmese, with its bud of 4,531 diamonds crowned with a single 76 carat diamond
- Learn about Burmese Buddhism with monks from the Kalaywa Tawa Monastery
- Explore Bagan, the “city of four million pagodas,” and one of the richest archaeological sites in Asia
- Journey to Amarapura, known for its remarkable yet divinely simple U Bein Bridge
- Visit traditional farming villages of the Pa-O and Shan people
- Enjoy the unique opportunity of having lunch at the floating home of a local Intha family
- Spend an afternoon at the colorful Five-Day market, where tribes people from the Lake Region come to trade
Join the excitement of being part of our first UW tour to Myanmar. This tour is limited to 24 guests, so don’t miss your chance to journey to this remarkable country!
A three-night optional extension to Angkor Wat (Cambodia) is also available.
$3,895 land only or $5,193 with group air from Seattle (Group air price includes $498 in airline taxes and departure fees)
Single Supplement: $1,495
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!