India—Featuring the Pushkar Camel Fair
Activity Level: Active
This special program explores the beauty, history, spirituality and diversity of northern India. From chaotic Delhi to the awe-inspiring wonder of the Taj Mahal; from the ancient temples of Khajuraho, to the holiness of Varanasi—this action-packed tour introduces you to the best and most interesting areas of India’s Golden Triangle. And as a special highlight, this itinerary includes a two-night visit to the exhilarating Pushkar Camel Fair.
Trip highlights include:
- Discover the contrasts of New Delhi and Old Delhi
- In Pushkar, spend a day and a half experiencing the sights, sounds, and smells of the annual camel festival
- Tour the Amber Fort of Jaipur
- Marvel at the magnificent art collections of the Maharajahs in the City Palace Museum
- Enjoy game drives in Ranthambore Tiger Preserve, former private hunting grounds of the Maharajahs
- Meet the local Meena tribes people while on a camel safari
- Walk through the red sandstone city of Fatehpur Sikri, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Learn about the romantic history of the Taj Mahal
- Take an early morning cruise on the Ganges, the most sacred river of India
Complete your amazing trip through India by taking the optional four-night post-tour extension to Nepal.
Our journey through Northern India and Kathmandu, Nepal was a great adventure. I learned so much about the history, culture, customs, religions and the people. The itinerary was exceptional—it offered a wonderful variety. We saw urban cities, rural farms and villages, Hindu Temples, Sihk Temples, Buddhist stupas and many extraordinary World Heritage Sites. We traveled by plane, train, camel, elephant, camel cart, rickshaw, and, of course, bus.
Carol Batchelder, ’55, UW India 2009
$6,288 with group air from Seattle or $5,688 from JFK. (Both prices include $693 in airline taxes and departure fees). Land only is $4,495.
Single Supplement: $1,795
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!