Activity Level: Moderately Active
Independent, democratic Croatia again welcomes visitors eager to absorb its remarkable history, culture, and unspoiled Dalmatian coastline. Travel from Zagreb to beloved Dubrovnik, from the beautiful island of Hvar and seaside Opatija to timeless Venice, we see why this cherished region lays such a claim to the hearts of all who visit.
Tour highlights include:
- Start your adventure in Croatia’s gracious capital Zagreb, with visits to historic Old Town and St. Stephen’s Cathedral
- Spend a full afternoon touring Plitvice Lakes National Park, famed for its turquoise-colored lakes, tumbling waterfalls, and dramatic karst formations
- Travel back in time as you journey to Dubrovnik, a walled city founded in the 7th century
- Have dinner in the home of a Dubrovnik family enjoying a traditional menu including produce from their garden, homemade olive oil, and local wine
- Visit the charming island of Hvar on the Adriatic coast and enjoy a walking tour of Stari Grad, one of Croatia’s oldest cities
- In Split, tour the ruins of 3rd-century Diocletian’s Palace, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
Get there before this all changes; it is strikingly beautiful and unspoiled. There are parts of this trip that will make you feel like you are walking in the very footsteps of a person from Medieval times.
Dick Olson, ‘65
$3,695 land only. $5,198 with group air from Seattle. (Group air includes $703 in airline taxes and departure fees)
Single Supplement: $1,195
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!