University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Turkey's Turquoise Coast
Additional tours are being offered on the following dates:
September 19 - October 3, 2013 Waitlist Only
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Come to the nexus of Europe and Asia and discover a world at once exotic and engaging, blessed with ancient ruins, stunning landscapes and the dramatic Turquoise Coast. Drink in the sights, sounds and scents of alluring Turkey.
Tour highlights include:
- Dive into Istanbul, Turkey’s cultural and spiritual center, and thrill to the wonders of the Roman Hippodrome, the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, Topkapi and more
- Tour Istanbul’s huge Grand Bazaar, home to 4,000 shops, and the renowned Spice Market, teeming with exotic spices, nuts and dried fruits from around the world
- Visit the World War I Allied cemeteries at Gallipoli
- Travel back to 1300 BC on a tour of Ephesus, the world’s best-preserved classical city, and see relics from the ancient site at the Ephesus Archaeological Museum
- Cruise the Turkish coast and stop along the way to:
- Swim or snorkel at the Sunken Baths of Cleopatra
- Head to Dalyan, known for its loggerhead sea turtles
- Visit a 6th-century Byzantine monastery at Gemiler Island
- Cruise in style aboard privately chartered gulet yachts—small but comfortable
- Spend three nights in the Mediterranean resort of Antalya
Join us on this incredible 15-day, small-group tour and experience your own Turkish delight!
$3,095 land only or $4,492 with group air from Seattle (air price includes $397 in taxes and fees)
Single Supplement: $995
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!