Journey Through Vietnam
Additional tours are being offered on the following dates:
February 14 - March 1, 2013 NEW
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Vietnam is a country rich in interesting history, incredible scenery, friendly people, and flavorful cuisine. Experience its wide variety during this two-week encore of this popular UW adventure.
Trip highlights include:
- Hanoi sightseeing includes a visit to Hao Lo Prison ("Hanoi Hilton") and walking the streets of the ancient quarter
- Witness the theatrical skills of the local puppeteers during a water puppet show
- Cruise the waters of Ha Long Bay and its fairy-tale landscape
- Relax on the white sandy beaches of "China Beach" during a two-night stay at a beachfront resort
- Meander the car-free streets of Hoi An, an UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Visit a local farming village gaining an insight into local culture
- Take an exhilarating walk through Hue’s local market (Dong Ba)
- Cruise by sampan along the Perfume River, followed by a visit to a Buddhist monastery
- Take a floating tour through the floating vegetable market of Cai Rang
- Explore the maze of tributaries and inlets of the Mekong River Delta
- Learn about the turbulent history of Saigon, also known as Ho Chi Minh City
This educational program through Vietnam is limited to 24 travelers.
Optional Extension: A three night optional extension to Angkor Wat and Phnom Penh, Cambodia is also available and highly recommended by previous UW travelers on this trip.
Best trip we have ever taken. Guide was a 50 on a 10 – bright, kind & very detail oriented. The UW hosts were also a 10. Thanks for the adventure of a lifetime!
Diana Brambrink, ‘70
$2,795 land only or $4,151 with group air from Seattle (Group air price includes $556 in airline taxes and departure fees)
Single Supplement: $1,595
Operator: Odysseys Unlimited
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!