Cuba – Through the Eyes of the People
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Join us on an exploration of the exciting art and remarkable architecture of Cuba with special entrée to the country’s intellectual community. Spend five days in storied Havana and two days in historic cities on the southern coast: Interact with talented artists and cultural leaders, walk through the main squares of atmospheric Old Havana, visit three beautiful cities and enjoy the warm hospitality of this captivating Caribbean nation.
Tour highlights include:
- Join an architectural historian for a walking tour of Old Havana
- Attend a short performance by a children’s theater group, and discuss their programs with the actors and staff
- Visit Trinidad’s main plaza and museums
- Attend an informal morning rehearsal of the Contemporary Dance Company of Cuba
- Travel to Playa Girón, the landing site for seaborne forces of armed Cuban exiles in the Bay of Pigs Invasion.
- Enjoy a morning lecture by a local historian regarding Casa de las Americas, created in 1959 to promote the arts of the Americas
- Visit the Ludwig Foundation for a presentation on Cuban art
$4,645 with charter air from Miami
Single Supplement: $575 (limited)
Operator: Academic Arrangements Abroad
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!