University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Russia – Alumni Campus Abroad
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Special Offer: We're pleased to announce that while space is available, you'll receive a free cabin category upgrade. In addition, the special pricing (noted on the tour brochure) has been extended through February 28.
Prepare to embark on a cultural odyssey from the palaces of St. Petersburg to the onion domes of Moscow as you cruise the passage of Peter the Great. The River Victoria, one of the most beautiful and comfortable ships on the Russian waterways, will ferry you down the Volga, Neva and Svir rivers as you explore the country’s legendary cities and hidden treasures.
Tour highlights include:
- Explore Moscow with specially arranged visits to the Kremlin, the Armory Museum (see the famous Fabergé Eggs), the State Tretyakov Gallery and Red Square
- An early entrance to the State Hermitage Museum sets the stage for viewing part of one of the world’s most extensive art collections. Later, attend a cultural performance at the Hermitage Theater
- Admire the traditional architecture in Yaroslavl and Uglich, two cities on Russia’s famous Golden Ring
- St. Petersburg will impress you with visits to St. Isaac’s Cathedral, Peter and Paul Fortress and Peterhof—the magnificent palace of Peter the Great.
- Known as a Russian baroque masterpiece, St. Catherine’s Palace will delight you with its exquisite Amber Room and its famous amber panels
- While cruising, learn about Russian cuisine, language and contemporary history through discussions with local experts
This fascinating journey on the rivers of Russia features four UNESCO World Heritage sites: the Kremlin and Red Square; Historic Center of Yaroslavl; Kizhi Pogost; and Historic Center of St. Petersburg. Learn what it takes to be designated a heritage site. We look forward to welcoming you aboard!
Prices range from $3,895 - $8,095 (cruise only), depending on cabin category
Single Supplement: $1,295
Operator: AHI Travel
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!