Flavors of Northern Italy
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Get ready for a wine, cuisine and cultural immersion of Italy’s Veneto and Emilia Romagna regions. Go behind the scenes with chefs as they share their timeless secrets of the flavors of local mouth-watering dishes. Learn from vintners about the nuances of making incredible Italian wines. Treat your senses to the delights of Northern Italy!
Tour highlights include:
- Outside Verona, stay in a historic Italian villa, part of a private family estate that produces wine and olive oil
- Tour the De Tarczal Winery and taste its renowned Cabernet, Marzemino and Schiava wines while enjoying lunch at the family restaurant
- Delight your taste buds with special tastings of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, cheese and other regional specialties
- Hop on the high-speed train to Bologna, tour city highlights on a walking tour and, of course, feast on even more tastings of the best local food items
- Put on your apron and enjoy a cooking lesson (and dinner!) at the cooking school of Bologna’s famous chef Alessandra Spisni
- Enjoy a walking tour of Verona, including the Roman amphitheater that dates back to 30 A.D.
We’re thrilled to bring you this exciting new gustatory itinerary to Italy. Space will go quickly so don’t hesitate to reserve your spot!
$3,995 land only
Single Supplement: $2,000
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!