National Parks of the Old West
Activity Level: Moderately Active
*Space is also available on a National Parks trip September 1-10, 2012. This trip will be a mixture of alumni travelers from multiple universities.
While we dream of traveling to distant destinations for adventure, we often forget what truly fantastic places exist right here in our own backyard. Though a few of America’s most beloved and cherished national parks are only a short flight away, you’ll feel miles and miles away from the hectic pace of modern life as you breathe fresh mountain air and witness spectacular natural splendors.
Tour highlights include:
- Drive through Badlands National Park in South Dakota and see wonderful eerie palisades and parched basins
- Relish a chuck wagon cookout while visiting Custer State Park, home to 1,500 free roaming bison
- Spend two nights in President Calvin Coolidge’s “summer White House” – the State Game Lodge
- Marvel at the large-scale stone sculptures of Mount Rushmore and Crazy Horse Memorial
- The erupting waters of Old Faithful Geyser are only one of many fascinating geothermal features you’ll see during to your time in Yellowstone National Park
- Take a float down the Snake River and enjoy the mountain panorama of the Grand Tetons outside the Western town of Jackson, Wyoming
Travel with us to the Old West and discover a few of our very own American treasures.
$2,995 land only
Single Supplement: $995
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!