University of Washington Alumni Association
Meet. Learn. Cheer. Travel. Act.
Activity Level: Mildly Active
Journey to Earth’s southern tip and discover the wonders that mesmerized explorers Ernest Shackleton, Roald Amundsen and Robert Falcon Scott. See an unspoiled land of turquoise glaciers, sparkling icebergs and bountiful wildlife, all set against the lingering light of the austral summer. See nature in its most pristine form. Experience Antarctica!
Tour highlights include:
- Tour Buenos Aires’ colorful La Boca district, its charming old quarter, San Telmo, and the historic La Recoleta Cemetery, where former first lady Eva Perón is buried
- Cruise Beagle Channel and Drake Passage en route to the first Antarctica landing, and thrill to the sight of breaching whales and seabirds feeding on plankton
- See craggy volcanic rock formations, tranquil lagoons and playful chinstrap penguins on beautiful Half Moon Island
- Witness awesome ice cliffs in Paradise Bay, listen for the rumbling of calving ice chunks from Rudolf Glacier into Neko Harbor and cruise through glacier-lined Neumayer Channel to Port Lockroy, a one-time WWII espionage outpost now a whaling station and scientific base
- Indulge your fascination for wildlife: millions of penguins (chinstrap, Adélie, gentoo) countless seabirds, thousands of seals and whales and more
- Enjoy spacious, deluxe accommodations aboard the 240 – passenger M.S. Le Boréal
- Extend your stay with a three-night optional excursion to Iguazú Falls, where a network of 275 waterfalls cascades through the Argentina-Brazil jungle
See an unspoiled part of the world that most people never visit. Don’t miss it!
Cabin prices range from $7,035 (Category #8) to $12,435 (Prestige Suite 1), plus additional taxes and air fare.
Single Supplement: Please see brochure for details.
Operator: Gohagan & Company
Friends & family are welcome—you don't have to be a UW graduate to travel with UW Alumni Tours!